Wednesday 23 April 2008

Vanessa itea

Well, it only took eight months, but yesterday, I finally nailed the Yellow Admiral!

Over the last few days, it's been fascinated with my parsley! Parsley is not a known larval food host (as far as I know) so I was quite interested in this behaviour. However, the parsley is close to one host I have, that being Soleirolia soleirolii (Baby's Tears) so it's quite possible V itea is simply sitting off the host.


I will be on 'Admiral Watch' again from noon till around 2.pm today, which is the time I'm noticing activity from this butterfly. Unfortunately, I am only seeing one at a time - probably the same one!



Tomorrow, I will be concentrating on the Lesser Wanderer (Danaus chrysippus) one of which, has been doing low-flying laps of my house block for several days at around 3pm!

No comments: