Sunday 25 January 2009

January Mothing - 5

From Friday night's mothing session! :-)

(Click images to enlarge)

No. 1
Paraterpna sp
GEOMETRIDAE : Geometrinae
*************************
I have been getting quite a few nice little Oecophorids, some really small. A couple of these photos could have been better. Unfortunately, a few of the subjects were not prepared to settle long enough for a decent photo shoot! :-)

No. 2
Ericibdela delotis
OECOPHORIDAE

No. 3
An Oecophorid, I think. (Subject to correction/identification)

No. 4
Psaroxantha calligenes
OECOPHORIDAE

No. 5
(Subject to confirmation, but this looks a bit like Chrysonoma sp)
OECOPHORIDAE

No. 6 Zonopetala decisana
OECOPHORIDAE : Oecophorinae

UNIDENTIFIED
No. 7
Might be in the Crambidae family!
UPDATE: This is actually Chloroclystis insigillata (thanks MH) :-)
GEOMETRIDAE: Larentiinae
Had I been a little more diligent when searching my own records, I would have discovered I photographed another member of the Larentiinae subfamily in December and picked up on the similarities! :-)











No comments: